bible history in a new light
Bible reading this morning was from Numbers. It was Numbers 24-26. It's really interesting to read the history of Balak,Moab and Israel. Since Israel is under the attack of Hamas, it brings these concepts to light. Even some students have been influenced by forces of evil by attacking Columbia University. They damaged Hamilton Hall. It's not fair to students who haven't been involved in this. Jewish students don't feel safe. They can't even have a graduation this year.
Then I read 2 Corinthians 6:8. "We serve God whether people honor us or despise us, whether they slander us or praise us. We are honest, but they call us imposters." NLT
Oh my goodness, I will need to read the verses before and after to get the real concept, but with this verse only this reminds me of people who are enforcing the law, get in trouble because they are enforcing the law.
Here is another verse for today. 'Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. '2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NLT
I need to mop the kitchen today. I'm trying to decide if I should try to get Bobbie's DVD ready or wait until this weekend. I want to wait until the weekend because I would like to have time to focus. What I might do is start writing the script, but that's another thing that I would like more time to do. Cleaning is usually something I can do when I don't have much time. So I guess I better get to the mopping. It is 8:14 a.m. on May 1st, 2024.
Comments