happy wednesday everyone_build each other up_new song coming out

Ah, we have reached the middle of the week again. It is 7 am and I have already finished my Bible reading for this morning. The verse of the day in the upper room publication is 1 Thessalonians 5:11: " encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. "
The article talks about how when the author was in college she and a group of 20 other students volunteered to go to Thailand to help teach English to local daycare centers and schools. One weekend they were hiking and they needed to cross a 4-ft deep river. It was very difficult because the current was very strong, one person even lost their footing when they tried to do it alone. So they linked arms and crossed together and even though one on each end lost their footing-because they were linked they were able to stay up. That's how we need to be. We need to lean on each other when we're going through turbulent times. As for me, I am more likely to lean on a counselor or Phil then any body at church. With the people at church we don't have much of a relationship other than when we see each other at church. So they are church friends, friends outside of church, I don't have. I do have outside church acquaintances. But it is nice that we have been able to be a shoulder for a couple that used to attend our church, but have been attending and leading at a different church for a while now- they are moving and so they needed a space to park their U-Haul, so we let them do it in our driveway.
Their apartment should be ready soon. What bothers me that there's a few people in the church that just shake their head that they sold their house and they are moving into an apartment, but for me I think everyone knows what they think is best for them. I can think of couples that spend too much money eating out and I shake my head at that, but you know, it's the same thing -if they want to do that, then I guess they will always be broke and leaning on parents for support-or spend a lot of money on a dog, or take frivolous trips to watch a baseball game. Everyone has things that they like to do, take me for instance, every once in a great, great while, I will buy something on my game. To many, this might seem like a waste, but it is something I like to do and that is what I like to do. Or like buying coffee at a coffee shop, some people shake their head at that, well, twice a week I buy coffee at a coffee shop. I'm not only enjoying the coffee, but sometimes the conversations that I have with the owner / barista, and I'm supporting a very, very small business. Some people only look at the outside and make a judgment, without really getting to know the situation and the details. It's like looking at art from afar, and trying to judge an interpretation of it, rather than studying it closely. Some people need to be not so judgmental, and just be caring. People need to be the same outside the church as they are inside the church or outside a meeting versus inside a meeting. So I guess if some people want to always be broke and eat out a lot, or take trips to watch baseball game, that's fine, I guess if they couldn't afford it they wouldn't do it. We all have things we like to do and it's not other people's job to judge it. 

I have a concert coming up September 14th at Parkwood Church of God. I'm very excited for this concert. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. It's not only going to be fun performing, but it's going to be fun listening to all the other artists. What a privilege this is. To be on the same stage as Gregory Hough. To be on the same stage as Angel Project Band. 
Another thing I'm really excited about is I wrote a song. It is based on a Bible verse. I am really enjoying it. I do have a preliminary image for the cover, but this is only the base. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fanatic

parable of the 10 bridesmaids

persevere in the purpose God has given you